Wednesday, September 21, 2005

lovely rita - pt1

I'll take a Rita! Straight up the ass!!!! Waiting on a hurricane sucks!! I never knew what fun DB and other Floridites had all this time. And it's a big fucker too!! Ranking up there with the 5 top dogs of recorded times. So far I will be staying put. I'm far enough away from the coast that I'll only be in danger from the 12"+ of rain, associated flooding, the 100mph possible winds and an occasional hurricane spawned tornado. What must be worse though is having to run from it. Leaving behind a home and not knowing what will be there when you return.

The lessons not learned in New Orleans are being taken very much into account here in Houston. I work right off the Toll road and all day long, a steady stream of traffic was headed north. 80 + caravans of school buses, all kinds of ambulances, travel and horse trailers. Everybody's leaving. But they're still playing football tomorrow night. Can't not have football being played. That might get people really upset. I met an angry young man over Labor Day. We were down in Galveston and he was a fugee. He didn't want to be and in talking to him, thats what he was mad about. He had been run out of New Orleans. Didn't know when he could go back, or if he could ever go back. I'd be pissed too. Well, now he's on the move again. Galveston has been evacuated. I hope he was in the caravan of cars, and trucks and other vehicles I watched today.

And its not even supposed to hit us. Until you watch the news, with their 24 hr updates from the weather men, TV's new terror mongers, the storm surgers, bringing you up to date info on what's gonna happen. It's freakin people out, my wife being one of them. She's mad at me cause I'm not scared enough, or haven't bought enough emergency generators. Perhaps shes just scared and I'm the one thats supposed to get her through that. I'm trying, but then she gets mad cause I'm trying not to be afraid. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do. And then I watch the storm tracker radar showing the track turning; too soon bitch, I don't want a Rita that bad; starting its turn north before they expected, shifting its landfall closer to Galveston.

My mind was racing a while ago. Its calmer now. I guess writing something down calmed me. Wish it would help my stomach stop quivering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wanting said...

at least she has someone to take care of her...maybe she should try and go it alone and then decide which is better...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home