Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fragility of Youth

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Life is fragile. Human life even more so. and one person helping another should be in such abundance that no one slips thru the cracks……

and yesterday, a child of 21, sister of my oldest sons wife, my youngest sons good friend, killed herself – and it was such a careless loss

she had been down visiting for Christmas – happy it seemed to me when she was in our house x-mas morning – her and all my family close enough to where we talked to her at length (or tried) –– she was shy I could see and having dealt with the same, i tried to draw her out - and she would talk a little and i could tell how intelligent she was – she should have been easy to get to know; and to love – she had an easy smile, that was ready and waiting for anyone that could get her to raise her eyes – and they were such pretty eyes and it was a beautiful smile – and all the while others talked, those who knew her pain – her depression, her episodes, and drugs, and alcohol, and a boy - and everyone who had seen all the signs – someone should have known – they had to know more than me – of all the sorrows she had endured - of real & imagined things – but by me, they were unseen – she was the same age as my youngest son – and it was him that helped a friend at Christmas, for she was his friend, who he helped smile some – that made her happy for most of time she was in our house – and all the time they spent together up where her sister lived – where he goes to school – and now she is gone from all our lives – and there is nothing that should ever be bad enough to bring about this end – one family is destroyed, but far more families live with the pain – and its just such a fucking waste.

(and no condolences to me or my family is warranted – we didn’t lose all that others did – but here’s hoping you’ve all got someone to hug on tonight)

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanting said...

I'm sorry about this...I can never understand how someone could feel this bad, this useless...at least your son and his wife have each other to help get thru this.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Oh, Andy ~ I'm so sorry to hear this.
... and it hits a lil close to home...
I've lost a few to suicide - family AND friends.
*sigh*
Death is never easy, but that particular route is the most difficult for those of us left behind to deal with, I think.

My thoughts are with you.
*hugs*

4:07 AM  
Blogger Tumbleweed said...

That is truely sad! We can never quite know what is going on inside the head or lives of other.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home